Winnie Harlow shares her hair journey
On a Paul Mitchell photo shoot, the model revealed her first experiences in the world of hair and her connection with the brand.
Paul Mitchell’s newly appointed (and first ever!) global ambassador Winnie Harlow has been opening up about her connection to the brand and relationship with hair: “My mum was a hairdresser growing up," she says.
"I loved seeing her transform a client’s hair, put a smile on their face and leave them happy and ready to rule the world. Partnering with an iconic brand like Paul Mitchell is close to my heart; I get to create new personas, personalities and characters with every look."
Get the look: The platinum pixie
- Keep your cool - Stop blonde tones from turning brassy with Platinum Blonde Shampoo + Conditioner
- Get a jump start - Apply Quick Slip™ on damp hair to reduce drying time
- The blow-by-blow - Blow-dry with an Express Ion Dry®+ while brushing hair flat + towards the face with a 427 Paddle Brush. Cesar's tip: This adds movement in a pixie cut.
- Handle the heat - Prep hair for heat styling with Hot Off The Press®
- Smooth things over - Take small sections + straighten with an Express Ion Style®+
- Come undone - Mist a little Spray Wax™ into your hand + tousle for piecey texture
- The grand finale - Define pieces around your face with a bit of Gloss Drops®
Winnie said on her Instagram page, 'A powerful hair style will make you feel like you can conquer the world. Words cannot describe how happy I am to be @paulmitchell’s First ever Global Ambassador🌎 With the help of Paul Mitchell and @cesar4styles I will show you how changing your hair can change your whole outlook.'
Get the look: Sleek + fierce
Ultra smooth. Super sleek. Take long hair to the limit.
- Wash day - Prep hair with the moisturizing goodness + refreshing scent of Awapuhi Shampoo™ + The Conditioner™.
- Glow up - Apply Super Skinny® Serum as a blowout primer on damp hair to speed up dry time. Cesar's tip: It’s my assistant on set to maintain that glass finish.
- Brush with greatness - Create a deep center part. Blow-dry with an Express Ion Dry®++ 427 Paddle Brush. Help shield against heat damage with Hot Off The Press®.
- So smooth - Straighten small sections with the Express Ion Smooth®+.
- Bring on the bling - Use a tiny bit of Gloss Drops® on the ends for that perfect polish.
- The finishing touch - Finish with Super Clean Spray® for long-lasting, touchable hold.
Get the look: Curl confidence
- Wash day - Prep with Extra-Body Shampoo+ Conditioner.
- Body-ody-ody-ody! - Mist Extra-Body Boost at roots for next-level height.
- Style + twirl - Apply Extra-Body Sculpting Foam® + wrap curls around finger to define.
- Blow everyone away! - Use a diffuser attachment and gently cradle hair while drying to keep the curl pattern intact.
- Spritz - Help shield against heat damage with Hot Off The Press®.
- Curl up - Use an Express Ion Unclipped 3-in-1 with .75”styling cone attachment + wrap hair in small sections. Clip curls until cool + brush out for softness + bounce. Finish with Extra-Body Firm Finishing Spray®.
Get the look: Iconic shag
Volume on top, straight at the bottom. Retro vibes + tons of attitude.
- Wash wisely - Prep with Color Protect® Shampoo + Conditioner.
- Set the stage - Apply Scultping Foam to damp hair for silky, frizz-free strands.
- Start with the bangs - Blow-dry fringe first, then the rest using an ExpressIon Dry®+ with Express Ion Round® Brush.
- Spritz! - Help shield against heat damage with Hot Off The Press®.
- Bend the rules - Wind pieces of hair around an Express Ion Style® + to add texture. Slightly bend the ends to create more body.
- Make it last - Lock in the look with Super Clean Extra®.