Get 'glass' skin in 3 easy steps
How to achieve the biggest beauty trend for 2018...
If you’re after that perfectly polished skin made popular by South Korean insta-queens, you’re in luck. This type of glossy, flawless canvas – otherwise known as ‘glass skin’ – can be yours with just a few clever hero products.
Here’s how to ‘cheat’ your way to a complexion that looks like you get a facial every other week, eight hours’ sleep a night and lead the type of serene, disciplined lifestyle that would put Zen masters to shame...
1. Skin prep is key to getting your base looking A-list luminous. Exfoliate with PIXI’s Glow Tonic (£32, large 500ml pictured) every other night after cleansing, with glycolic acid to slough away any dead skin cells and promote a smooth complexion.
2. To add an extra moisture hit, pop on SIMPLE’s Hydrating Sheet Mask (£1.69) and leave on for 15 minutes to let the non-irritating ingredients work their magic.
3. If your skin tends to get a bit oily then a mattifying primer should sort things out (we’re talking ‘glassy’ not ‘greasy’ here). MAYBELLINE’s Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser (£8) goes on clear - so doesn’t leave any chalky residue.
4. Dealing with dullness? BECCA’s First Light Priming Filter (£32) brightens and counterbalances any ashy tones.
5. When it comes to foundation, you want it looking radiant not caked on. ARMANI’s Luminous Silk Foundation (£42) delivers lightweight coverage and a gorgeous glow to boot.
6. Last but not least a touch of highlighter creates that perfectpolished finish. We love MAKEUP REVOLUTION Vivid Baked Highlighter in Peach Lights (£3).