Behind the scenes with Dionne Smith
We go behind the scenes of our July cover shoot to ask hairstylist Dionne Smith about curls, clip-ins and working with Jourdan Riane.
1. What was your inspiration for Jourdan’s hairstyles for the Spell cover shoot?
My inspo was to celebrate curls and coils in all its glory and to show how you can volumise them and still look natural.
2. How did you find working with the Outre Big Beautiful Hair Clip-Ins? And was it easy to incorporate them into Jourdan’s hair?
I loved working with these clip-ins. They were very easy to apply and also came in different lengths to suit different placement areas around the head. The hair on each was just right and made the creation of this look perfect.
3. Which Cantu products can we use to maximise texture and volume like Jourdan?
I would recommend the Cantu Coconut Curling Cream as it has a very soft hold and unlikely to weigh the hair down. You could also look to use a little Cantu Wave Whip Curling Mousse if you wanted a more volumised curl definition. To finish, I'd suggest Cantu Edge Stay Gel to slick those baby hairs and a small spritz with Cantu Oil Sheen.
4. What was your favourite thing about working on this shoot?
I loved the whole buzz at the shoot, creating amazing hair and also the response on set from the team. It's an amazing feeling when you're creating magic and can't wait to show it to the world!
5. If you could work with Jourdan again, which hairstyle would you choose next?
I would go with a super high ponytail, as I believe she could pull it off perfectly.
Follow Dionne @dionnesmithofficial